I just finished up this indoor playhouse THIS MORNING and it is so darling, I couldn’t wait for the video (coming soon!) to share the plans with you!
The Back Story
For my toddler daughter’s Christmas gift, I was going to buy her a play tent that looks like a playhouse for the living room. But after shopping around, the play tents suitable to stay up in the main living room cost about $200! Yes, $200 for a kids play tent. Like this one sold out from Pottery Barn Kids. Or this one from Scandiborn. Or this one from Target – so cute, right?
At that price point, I thought I could design and build her something out of wood for less money overall, but higher quality and last longer.
Indoor Playhouse Features
- Portable, so can be set up almost anywhere and doesn’t have to be framed into your house
- Small size, will fit in most rooms
- Easy to break down into panels for storage (since you’ll want to keep this one around for grandchildren someday!)
- Perfect size for preschoolers
- Sturdy and solid walls – not fabric walls!
- Can be repaired, repainted, reused, and is biodegradable
Free Plans to Build Your Own Indoor Playhouse
Our new free plans are easy to follow, with a shopping list, cut list and step by step diagrams.